As a 29 year resident/realtor in Carderock Springs, Mary Lou has loved selling homes here. Here are a few good reasons why she loves Carderock:
- It's schools (Carderock Elementary, Pyle Middle and Whitman High) are highly rated.
- A community swim and tennis club provides activities year-round and a clubhouse for gatherings.
- A citizens association welcomes new residents, sponsors events and provides a forum for community concerns.
- The architectural covenants have maintained the unified look, helping Carderock escape the trend toward "McMansions."
- Newsletters, web site, email list-serve and meetings keep residents informed and connected.
- Placement on the National Register of Historic Places honors the vision of Edmund Bennett and Keyes, Lethbridge and Condon, AIA, and recognizes Carderock's mid-century modern design.
Mary Lou is known as a gardener extraordinaire, using that talent to help sellers create an attractive entrance and assist buyers on plants and landscape design for their new home.